Get your training off to a great start—from basic kicks to practice and tournaments—this book is an ideal introduction to kung fu for beginners. It’s everything you want to get began in kung fu!
Whether you are considering taking up this martial art, or you’ve already began, Kung Fu Basics offers a very simple, yet comprehensive introduction to everything you want to know to feel confident and be successful.
You’ll learn about:
- The origins of kung fu—philosophy, history and different styles
- What happens in a kung fu class—invaluable tips on choosing the proper school, getting in a position for your first class, and basic training methods
- The essential elements of the style—stances, footwork, kicks, and hand techniques, with tips on common mistakes and how to get the most power out of every move
- Drill and conditioning exercises—exercises to compliment your training
- Practical how one can beef up your kung fu technique—traditional teaching advice of Chinese masters
- Resources—assist further develop your knowledge and understanding of kung fu