Learn it here. Learn it right.
Over the last decade, the growing popularity of mixed martial arts competitions has brought international attention to the powerful and practical art of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. BJJ fighters have taken title after title in championship after championship, and now, with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Basics, you’ll learn the techniques that have made BJJ the dominant style on this planet of mixed martial arts.
Author and acclaimed instructor Gene Simco teaches his students that a solid mastery of the fundamentals is very important in creating a foundation upon which the more advanced techniques can also be built—and that’s where this book comes in. With photos and step by step instructions, Simco shows you all of the moves you’ll wish to master to take your training to the next level, including:
• Primary positions: the Guard, the Mount, the Back Mount, side keep an eye on, standing techniques, and Passing the Guard
• Submissions: Armbars, Triangle Choke, Collar Choke, Kimura Lock, Guillotine, Mata Leo, and Omoplata
• Defenses against punches, kicks, take-downs, and sweeps
• Escapes from chokes, grabs, bear hugs, locks, and clinches
• Plus warm-up exercises, tips on choosing a school, and Dojo etiquette
Whether you’re a novice interested in self-defense or a more experienced martial artist having a look to raise your ranking, compete in mixed martial arts events, or supplement your current martial art with BJJ techniques, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Basics is the book to take whilst you’re taking it to the mat.