Practical recipes to learn the Kendo UI Mobile library and its more than a few components for building mobile applications effectively
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Understand the more than a few components on the Kendo UI Mobile application framework
- Learn to use the more than a few widgets in the Kendo UI Mobile library that can assist you build a mobile application rapidly
- Build applications that provide native look and feel without having to maintain a separate code base
The Kendo UI Mobile library is a one stop solution to build mobile applications impulsively. It comes with several built-in widgets that enable application developers to build intuitive applications for small screen devices. It also provides more regulate to these developers by providing more than a few components that can be extended or configured to match their needs.
This guide introduces the user to the Kendo UI Mobile library and provides a step by step approach to creating your first mobile application. It then introduces you to several components and provides solutions to one of the vital common use cases you may encounter in your development.
The Kendo UI Mobile library is composed of two parts – the aplication framework and a set of widgets. The aplication framework specializes in configuring the application, handling more than a few touch-based events, rendering on different devices to provide a native look and feel, and transitioning from one view to the other. The widget library contains several widgets that enable you to build applications more impulsively than ever before.
What you are going to learn from this book
- Learn to build your first mobile application the use of the Kendo UI Mobile framework
- Explore the more than a few framework components and extend these to suit your needs
- Understand the more than a few ways in which the mobile application can be configured
- Handle touch-based events such as tap, double-tap, swipe, and also dragging an element across the screen
- Make use of the framework and the widgets to build real world applications
- Understand how the Kendo UI Mobile framework renders a native look and feel on different types of devices
- Get to grips with how the Kendo UI Mobile framework handles layout orientation automatically
Filled with practical, step by step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Written as practical recipes, Instant Kendo UI Mobile How-to will show you all you wish to have to know to build your first mobile application utilizing the Kendo UI Mobile framework and its components.
Who this book is written for