Krav Maga (Idiot’s Guides)
Amazon.com Price: $7.69 (as of 09/04/2023 10:56 PST- Details)
Krav Maga, this means that “contact combat” in Hebrew, is an easy-to-understand/take into account that aggressive system of self-defense. Idiot’s Guides®: Krav Maga will not only define what it is, but also review the principles and systems of techniques and training to ensure survival. Combining in-depth information and easy-to-understand illustrated instructions, this guide will be a wonderful tool to help train both women and men on how to give protection to themselves, care for threatening situations, and reverse dangerous situations where they’re at a disadvantage.
Idiot’s Guides®: Krav Maga covers:
– The origination of Krav Maga: its history, birthplace, philosophy, and why it was created.
– The core essentials of Krav Maga’s theory and practice.
– A review of how to condition the body and mind to outside threats and violence.
– An understanding of not only the physical aspect of Krav Maga, but how it is a part of the bigger picture of personal protection.
– The thought process of the attacker and how to avoid potentially dangerous situations, if imaginable.
– How Krav Maga differs from martial arts, primarily when it comes to not following handed down fighting rules and techniques.
– A breakdown of the belts in Krav Maga (yellow, orange, green, blue, brown, black), what it takes to attain them, and the differences between them.
– Step by step illustrated directions on the popular stances, positions, movements, kick/punch strikes, falls, joint locks, deflections, and techniques from the basics to advanced moves.
– How to use body weight, your most powerful muscles, and momentum to defeat an attacker.
– Instruction on protecting the body and weapons defense, along with mastering escapes.