If you are on the lookout for a classroom-tested, carefully planned recorder method… Recorder Karate has everything you can wish to get started with young recorder players! And it is already creating excitement and motivation in thousands of schools.
At the heart of this method is a positive reward system where students receive colored “karate belts” (to be had one by one) to hang from their recorders for each an increasing number of difficult tune. (Tunes included are: Hot Cross Buns; Merrily We Roll Along; Old MacDonald Had A Farm; Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star; Ode To Joy; Amazing Grace; and When The Saints Go Marching In.)
The Teacher’s Handbook walks through all the teaching process in a logical, easy-to-consider narrative. Since this method comes with the rights to reproduce, your students don’t have to shop for books of their own. Included in this kit:
* A detailed description of how Recorder Karate works, with instructions for teaching the basics of playing the recorder, working in groups, and testing.
* Dozens of helpful tips for handling the day-to-day problems of work in the classroom.
* Reproducible settings of nine songs, each with new concepts and notes to study. (The repertoire builds gradually from two G A B songs through the black belt song with D E F# G A B C D.)
* Other handy reproducibles: a fingering chart, student worksheets, award certificates, and more!
* A Performance/Accompaniment CD featuring simple recordings of all songs to assist in classroom work. As a bonus, it also features more elaborately orchestrated treatments of some tunes for special performances.
So add new life to your beginning recorder classes with Recorder Karate, a wonderful stand-alone method or a great supplement to your current method.