Get your aikido training off to a great start—from basic footwork and throws to training and demonstrations. This martial arts guide is an ideal introduction to aikido for beginners.
Are you planning to be informed Aikido, but have no idea where to begin? Are you searching for a teacher? Are you taking a class but puzzled by the unfamiliar terms used to describe the techniques?
This aikido book offers a very simple, yet comprehensive introduction to everything you want to know to feel confident and be successful.
You’ll learn about:
- The origins of aikido—its philosophy, history and techniques
- How to find a teacher and a class that may be right for you
- Getting ready—what happens in a typical Aikido class?
- The essentials—stances, strikes, grabs, throws, and pins
- How to complement your aikido training with ki exercises, a couple of-person training, and freestyle exercises
- How to achieve Aikido— how to create an effective training program, test for belt promotion, and participate in competitions and tournaments
- Resources to help you further develop your Aikido skills