Essential Anatomy: For Healing and Martial Arts
Amazon.com Price: $5.70 (as of 10/04/2023 11:19 PST- Details) Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
This unique book will familiarize healing practitioners and martial artists with basic concepts of the human body, as defined by both Western and Eastern medical traditions, allowing those engaged in healing and martial arts to develop a more complete, holistic, and scientifically forward-taking a look figuring out of the body. Overviews of philosophical and conceptual underpinnings are followed by detailed drawings and diagrams of the body’s internal systems, as seen by both traditions. Written in a clear and concise style, this beautiful and informative book presents information prior to now unavailable in any single text, making it an crucial work for students, healing professionals, and martial artists. This lavishly illustrated book includes:
- Over 147 color drawings and 54 duotone photographs
- An easy-to-bear in mind overview of Western anatomical concepts
- A detailed overview of Eastern medical principles, including information prior to now to be had only in specialized, costly medical texts
- A comprehensive listing of Oriental pressure points and meridians in English, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, cross-referenced to nerves, blood vessels, and other anatomical landmarks
- Twenty crucial self-massage and revival techniques
- Detailed principles of pressure point fighting, as used in traditional Asian martial arts