The Essential Karate Book: For White Belts, Black Belts and All Levels In Between [DVD Included]
Amazon.com Price: $18.39 (as of 10/04/2023 11:14 PST- Details) Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
The Crucial Karate Book is an illustrated, informative guide to the techniques, philosophy and practice of karate
With 20 chapters covering practically each and every aspect of karate, this in-depth reference will lend a hand students and instructors as they plot their course through karate instruction, reaping benefits the ones at all levels. The Crucial Karate Book accommodates 200 diagrams mapping out moves, 300 color photographs, and a DVD, making it a comprehensive general karate reference for Western audiences.
Readers of this karate guide will know about:
- The origins and history of karate
- Required behavior, clothing and etiquette, in addition to the basics of karate and the different styles that share them
- Stances, blocks, strikes and kicks
- Preparing your body through warm-ups, stretching, and conditioning through karate-specific exercises
- Kata grading and fighting (kumite) techniques and competition rules
- Martial arts weapons (kobudo), and MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) applications
The Crucial Karate Book is a will have to-have for any martial arts enthusiast, from beginners to black belts!