A modern biomechanical standpoint of traditional judo
This book explains the principles at the back of judo and other grappling sports. As a judo expert and veteran coach, Steve Scott merges traditional martial wisdom with modern kinesiology, the study of human anatomy and movement. This new biomechanical standpoint helps competitors develop each and every facet of their grappling skill, giving them a clear advantage in controlling opponents. Athletes involved in martial arts that incorporate grappling and throwing will discover the keys to greater balance, power, and speed.
The Judo Advantage explores the dynamics of how and why the human body works most efficiently for throwing, submission, and pinning techniques. Even though judo provides the basis for the writer’s analysis, his insights also relate to other grappling sports such as Russian sambo, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and Olympic and collegiate wrestling.
- Gain a competitive edge the use of the principles of human biomechanics.
- Master the ability to keep watch over your opponent’s movements.
- Improve fluency for seamless transition between techniques.
- Generate fantastic power and speed.
This book features
- In-depth analysis of stances, balance breaking, throws, takedowns, transitions, ground fighting, trapping, footwork, combinations, gripping, posting, linear and angular movement, torque, generating power, evading, generating force, changing directions, and stability.
- Over 200 action photos.
- Drills and winning insight for coaches and athletes of grappling arts.
“This book explains how and why judo works and why the principles of Professor Jigoro Kano, judo’s founder, have stood the test of time,” Scott says.
Steve Scott breaks down all aspects of judo in this insightful and accessible work. It’s going to lend a hand grapplers reach the next level in their sport.